My major preseason project over at The Hockey Writers - ranking the Top 100 NHL Prospects. I am currently working on the Top 250 Prospects in a search-able and sortable table format. Stay tuned!
Here's an excerpt from Part 4 (1 to 25), which links up to all four parts:
- The list has been compiled with an emphasis on long term, top end potential. NHL readiness is taken under consideration as well.
- The pattern of ranking goaltenders particularly tough is evident in my entry draft rankings and is again the case here.
- When available, prospects are linked to their respective detailed prospect profile, which I have completed over last couple of seasons. Otherwise, the links will take the reader to HockeyDB.com or Hockeys Future.
- As noted above, to qualify for this list, a prospect has to be drafted or signed as a free agent and is eligible for the Calder Trophy
- The Top 100 will be released in a series of 4 articles.
- After the Top 100 prospects have been released, stay tuned for a mega listing of the Top 250 NHL prospects in a searchable and sortable table format. Find out which players narrowly missed getting into the Top 100 rankings.
* To view prospects ranked 26 to 50, click here for Part 3.
* To view prospects ranked 51 to 75, click here for Part 2.
*To view prospects ranked 76 to 100, click here for Part 1.
Part 4: (Read on...)